Monday, October 15, 2012

Dear Reader.

A Letter to Mr. Nelson's Creative Writing Students,

You surround me and I applaud you.  I don't know how you do it,  I can never compare to any of you.  The way you write captivates me and makes me want to be better.

I still haven't posted a quote to my blog because I can't choose just one. There are so many!! Really. I am surrounded by authors.  If anyone is actually reading this, give yourself a pat on the back.  Cause you are unreal and are an inspiration to me.

Fall Break---I actually thought about my blog posts (being out of town (its a big deal)). I wrote poems and stories and post after post after post; All to be left in my drafts.  So what I ended up doing=Not being indie. a.k.a. being a tourist. a well thought out tourist mind you.

And that's all I'll ever be.  It may be a disappointment to Mr. Nelson. I try and be a good writer trust me.  But I just never seem to measure up.  Charlotte Charles, I Aint a Doll, Sally J Skinny Love, Understanding Man, all of You. You're such good writers I don't get it.  Nobody probably even reads this so who am I talking to?
Myself.

So Congratulations. You're amazing. :) Take pride in your writing.

Sincerely,  A Lost but hopeful Writer.

10 comments:

  1. Well said.

    Trust me, you're better than you think.

    "All to be left in my drafts." #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read this cus nelson told me to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't tell him to. I just suggested it.

      It's not my fault if he's a sheep. He also walked out in the middle of an Anis Mojgani medley just because his friends were walking out.

      Delete
  3. I read this. You're too nice. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm flattered. Really. Right now you're more of a writer than me. Please post your drafts. Who's to say you're not as good? Whoever says that... I'll take them all out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I like your blog, and I'd like to be a bridesmaid at you and Ben Folds wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you be my maid of honor? Im thinking dark purple dresses with sun flowers.

      I've got it all planned out I hope bens okay with it.

      Delete