Monday, December 3, 2012

Promise me promises.

I'm all alone in my room, laying under the covers. And all I can think about is you. We met today; in the halls, that's all. And yet--I can't stop thinking about you.
BUT WHY. 
You give me caterpillars. Which everyone knows will eventually turn into butterflies, and thats just because I don't know you well enough yet. 
Our eyes meet in the hall and you say, "hello." so casually it sounds like we're life long friends. But the only friends i've become well acquainted with are my caterpillars.  They never leave my side and are there for me 100%. Till they make me feel sick.
Because I don't know you well enough yet. But I still feel this way. 

So I'm just left alone.
Me and my caterpillars.

1 comment:

  1. "You give me caterpillars. Which everyone knows will eventually turn into butterflies, and thats just because I don't know you well enough yet." ah, this is so good. I never thought of butterflies as caterpillars in my stomach before.
    Really really like this post.

    ReplyDelete