Saturday, November 3, 2012

9. I Remember.

I remember being a sophomore. And thinking HighSchool was a never ending part of my life. I remember the first day of being a senior. Being so intimidated by my "authority". I remember my first day at Lone Peak.
I remember Junior year Sadie's. People that know me really well will know exactly who I am now. I remember moving on. I remember being an Indian in a group full of cowboys. I remember leaving to London two days later. 
I remember eating crab legs for the first time. And eating so many I got sick. I remember thinking I was so cool for liking sushi when I really hated it. I remember discovering artificially green foods are gross. 
I remember being a kid. I remember eating Popsicles as if they were a meal. I remember Skip-its and Baby Bottle Pops. I remember being so scared to jump off my waterfall into my pool that my mon bribed me with a Baby Bottle Pop. I remember California.
I remember the death of my social life that my parents called a "For Sale" sign. I was in 3rd grade and California was everything. I remember my 9th birthday cake was a Twinkie from a gas station--and I hate twinkies. I remember finally getting to Utah and wishing I was swimming on my birthday rather than driving. I remember meeting my first friend--Karina Fredrickson. 
I remember hating life and thinking something was wrong with me. I remember my mom kicking me out of the house and actually meaning it. Then begging me to say when I took her seriously. I remember the first day of being an only child.
I remember deciding being happy is a choice. I remember the day my music died. I remember when i decided to create my own symphony. My music is still playing, and I'm the conductor.

5 comments:

  1. It seems like this assignment is going to reveal a lot of people in the class. That's okay. This is good.

    I like the line about being the only Indian. The skip its line. The Twinkie line. But the line that hit me the hardest was the one about becoming an only child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my 9th birthday cake was a Twinkie from a gas station--and I hate twinkies.

    Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the death of my social life my parents called a "for sale" sign. - stolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stole the twinkie line. My 8th birthday cake was a hostess cupcake. I feel ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when I decided to create my own symphony.

    I love this line. Stole .

    ReplyDelete